Sunday, January 15, 2012

I've been sooooooo sick

On Wednesday, I came down with something icky. Not sure if it's a flu or just a terrible cold, or what, but it has totally kicked my butt. I haven't gone to work, I skipped the scrapbook retreat I was supposed to go to this weekend, I've honestly barely gotten up off the couch. The one thing I have done is stitch. It is so relaxing to turn on a movie or tv show and just stitch. In fact, I find it interesting that this is actually how I started stitched at 9 years old. My mom hired this babysitter, Donna (who was a retiree), to watch me when I was home sick from school because neither my mom or dad had sick leave that they could use when a kid was sick. Donna used to bring her cross stitching with her and she would stitch while I watched tv. Once I asked her if she could teach me, and the next time she came over (I was sick a lot), she brought a simple kit for me to try. I picked it up quickly, and have been stitching ever since!

Well, after 4 days on the sofa, here is where I am with Celtic Summer!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

    Sorry to hear you've not been well, hope you feel better soon.

    Your stitching is beautiful, I love Mirabilia, L&L and PR designs and you have made some really good progress. It's not about how fast or slow you stitch, it's how much you enjoy it whilst you do it that counts!

    Can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete